Saral Seva Trust
Rajma/Red Kidney Beans Soup
Red Kidney Beans about four handfuls
Medium size red onion
One inch piece of ginger
Two cloves of garlic
Tomato purée about 6 tablespoon
Two green chilies
Half a teaspoon Turmeric powder
A quarter teaspoon of Chili powder
A quarter teaspoon of Garam masala
A quarter teaspoon of Rajma masala
Salt to taste
1. Soak the beans in about seven cups of water overnight.
2. Pressure cook the beans on high heat for 25 minutes. Adding a tablespoon of oil and salt.
3. Using a blender, grind onion, ginger and garlic.
4. Take a small non-stick pan and add about six tablespoon of canola oil. Add the onion ginger garlic paste. Slit the green chilies and add them in.
5. Once the mixture starts to turn brown, add the tomato purée. Keep stirring to ensure the mixture does not burn.
6. Now add turmeric, chili powder, garam masala, rajma masala and salt to taste. Stir it for a couple of minutes.
7. Add this to the cooked beans. You can add or boil out the access water based on the consistency that you like.
8. Garnish it with fresh coriander leaves. *
1. Eat on its own or with rice, roti, naan, parantha or bread.
2. You can use canned beans and skip steps 1 and 2.
3. High in protein and very nutritious. Keeps you filled for long.
4. Easy to store and eat over two to three days.
5. All ingredients easily available at an Indian store near you.Type your paragraph here.